Melbourne School Accommodation
Melbourne has lots of interesting and educational attractions that attract school aged kids from all over the state. It fact Melbourne is a popular destination for school excursions as well as school groups attending some of the many wonderful sporting and cultural events that the city of Melbourne is well known for. Whether its a school friends attending an exhibition or a group of students going to see a major sports event Melbourne has the accommodation to suit your every need.
Searching through all of the appropriate accommodation that is available and finding what is right for your students needs can be a time consuming task because there are just so many things to consider. But if you get professional help from people who know the city like the back of their hand and have all of the group accommodation options readily available you will be able to enjoy your school trip to Melbourne much more because you know that you have got the best priced accommodation possible.
Local Attractions in Melbourne
- The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) - The world famous MCG is within easy walking distance from the city centre and hosts lots of sporting events throughout the year including the Boxing Day Test, cricket matches and AFL footy matches.
- Etihad Stadium - Positioned between the Docklands waterfront precinct and the city centre Etihad Stadium is an undercover venue that hosts numerous concerts, rugby, soccer and AFL footy matches all year round.
- Melbourne Botanic Gardens - Conveniently situated just a short walk from the city centre and cosmopolitan South Yarra the Royal Botanic Gardens features lots of native and foreign plants, winding pathways and is surrounded by a popular jogging track.
- Scienceworks and Planetarium - Kids of all ages with love all of the exciting and educational activities at Scienceworks and the Planetarium, which is located in Spotswood just over the Westgate Bridge.
- Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre - Positioned on the edge of the Albert Park Lake Melbourne's Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC) is the premier venue for many different indoor sports, as well as swimming and diving.
- Eureka Tower and Skydeck - An amazing place to take school kids and get a spectacular view of the Melbourne city is the observation deck in the Eureka Tower, which is ideally located in the Southbank precinct of Melbourne.
Recommended Hotels & Apartments for School Accommodation in Melbourne
Darling Towers South Yarra
Providing convenient self contained 1 and 2 bedroom apartment accommodation in cosmopolitan South Yarra. Darling Towers South Yarra is located only metres from Toorak Road and Chapel Street where there is an abundance of restaurants, bars and boutique shops. With a location near everything that Melbourne has to offer the Darling Towers South Yarra is a popular place to stay for all types of groups.
The Kingsgate Hotel is ideally positioned on King Street in the heart of the city centre and offers budget hotel accommodation for all types of leisure and school groups. This economical and comfortable hotel is perfect for those travellers who are trying to maintain a tight budget. With a location near everything that Melbourne has to offer the Kingsgate Hotel is a popular place to base yourself when staying in Melbourne.
Claremont Guest House and Apartments of South Yarra
If you are looking for budget accommodation in the heart of South Yarra then the Claremont Guest House & Apartments is the ideal hotel for you. With a location near everything that South Yarra and indeed Melbourne has to offer the Claremont Guest House in South Yarra is a popular place to stay for all types of groups because there are a range of different aoom types to stay in, excellent facilities and friendly staff.
BreakFree Bell City
For the best value hotel rooms in Melbourne the BreakFree Bell City is the place. This modern, quality accomodation is set amongst beautifully resort styled landscaped gardens and is just 20 minutes from the CBD & 15 minutes from the airport. School and leisure groups who want discount accommodation close to the city will find that the BreakFree Bell City suits their needs without breaking their budget.
City Edge Apartment Hotels
Located in leafy East Melbourne the City Edge Apartment Hotel provides a range of one and two bedroom serviced apartments that are both comfortable and in a very convenient location close to the CBD. School, business and leisure groups who are after discount accommodation will find that the City Edge Apartment Hotel suits their every needs. For those seeking great value for money coupled with friendly service City Edge is ideal.
Arrow on Swanston
If you want comfortable budget apartment accommodation that is centrally located in Carlton then the Arrow on Swanston is the place. All of the major attractions in Melbourne are close to the Arrow on Swanston, making it the ideal group accommodation for all types of travellers. With many bars, restaurants, cafes, fine dining venues, sporting venues and the CBD just within walking distance the Arrow on Swanston is ideal for short and long term stays.
Punt Hill Flinders Lane
With a number of different locations throughout the CBD and surrounding areas the Punt Hill Serviced Apartments is sure to have a spacious and stylishly appointed apartment to suit your accommodation needs. With aAll of the major attractions in Melbourne are close to the Punt Hill Flinders Lane it is the ideal group accommodation property. Punt Hill Flinders Lane Apartments is surrounded by restaurants, cafes, bars, boutiques and funky laneways.
To enquire about group accommodation rates at one of the above locations or any number of other hotels and apartments in and around the city please click here