Cairns School Accommodation
The Cairns city centre and the surrounding inner suburbs and regions contain lots of exciting and educational activities that school aged kids will really enjoy. This is why Cairns is such a popular destination for school excursions, as well as school groups looking to explore some of the many wonderful natural attractions that this area has to offer. So for school friends attending an exhibition or a group of students going on an expedition out to the Great Barrier Reef you can be sure that Cairns has the accommodation to suit your every need.
If you are the person in charge of going through all of the appropriate accommodation that is available and finding one that is right for your students you will soon discover that this can take up a lot of your precious time. This is because there are just so many things to consider. So it is a good idea to get professional help from people who know the city inside out and have all of the group accommodation options readily available. Then you can enjoy your school trip to Cairns much more because you know that you have got the best priced accommodation possible.
Local Attractions in Cairns
- Cairns Wildlife Dome - Conveniently situated just a short walk from the city centre the Cairns Wildlife Dome is and Australian wildlife experience that promotes education and understanding of a tropical rainforest, without the need to leave the city.
- Northern Beaches - A great day trip for school kids is to visit one of the many wonferful northern beaches of Cairns. Here the kids can play a game of cricket on the beach, go for a swin in the water or just each the sights and sounds of the beach.
- Esplanade Lagoon Swimming - Kids of all ages with love the fun and excitement of the Esplanade Swimming Lagoon. It is a man-made lagoon located along the Cairns Esplanade and is a great place to relax and have fun on a hot day.
- Cairns Museum - Positioned in the heart of the city centre the Cairns Museum has a number of interesting and educational displays, exhibits and artifacts that will keep school aged kids entralled.
- Great Barrier Reef - Any school trip to Cairns and Far North Queensland will want to visit the famous Great Barrier Reef and taking a guided tour out to the reef in definitely one of the most-do activities whilst you are visiting Cairns.
Recommended Hotels & Apartments for School Accommodation in Cairns
Hides Hotel Cairns
Situated right in the heart of the Cairns city centre the Hides Hotel is a heritage listed building that has been restored and provides comfort and the convenience of modern rooms, while retaining the colonial charm. With well appointed hotel rooms and a range of excellent facilities the Hides Hotel Cairns is a great place for groups to stay in Cairns. It is also conveniently situated just a short distance from all of the main attractions that Cairns has to offer.
Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort
The Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort is a funky city backpackers hostel that has great facilities and provides clean and safe budget accommodation for travelling throughout the Cairns area. With well appointed hotel rooms and a range of excellent facilities the Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort is a great place for groups to stay in Cairns. It is also conveniently situated just a short distance from all of the main attractions that Cairns has to offer.
Cairns New Chalon Hotel
The Cairns New Chalon is conveniently located just 5 kms south of the Cairns CBD and is adjacent to Cairns golf course. Conference, leisure and school group will find that the Cairns New Chalon is a great place to stay because it provides budget accommodation close to the Cairns city centre. It also has excellent hotel amenities that suit both business and leisure travellers.
Gilligans Backpackers Hotel and Resort
For the ultimate in backpacker hotel accommodation choose to stay at the Gilligan's Backpackers Hotel and Resort in Cairns. With well appointed hotel rooms and a range of excellent facilities the Gilligans Backpackers Hotel and Resort is a popular place for groups to stay in Cairns. It is also conveniently situated just a short distance from all of the newest & most popular attractions that Cairns has to offer.
Whiterock Leisure Park
The budget holiday accommodation provided by the White Rock Leisure Park in Cairns is centrally located 8kms from the city centre as you enter Cairns from the south. The Whiterock Leisure Park features numerous types of hotel rooms all with a range of in-room facilities to make you feel right at home. Also its central location ensures that it has everything that you need for your next group accommodation in Cairns. Whiterock Leisure Park is proud to be the choice of many international and domestic budget minded travellers.
Cairns Colonial Club Resort
Set amongst 11 acres of award-winning tropical rainforest gardens, the iconic Cairns Colonial Club Resort is recognised world-wide as an ideal accommodation option for school group excursions and visiting sports teams. Located just 8km from the Cairns airport and 5km from the Cairns CBD, the Cairns Colonial Club features 3 lagoon-style pools, a full service restaurant with group dining options, 345 modern accommodation rooms and free guest parking. The spacious Studio Rooms are especially well-suited to student or sporting groups as they can comfortably accommodate up to 4 guests per room making them a very economical option for cost-conscious students. Tranquil surrounds and modern facilities complemented by a warm spirit of hospitality make the Cairns Colonial Club Resort a perfect base for your next school excursion.
To enquire about group accommodation rates at one of the above locations or any number of other hotels and apartments in and around the city please click here